Cavaillé-Coll Organ, Azkoitia

The organ purchased by the parish church of Azkoitia in 1898 is one of the big cavaillé-coll organs of Gipuzkoa. This instrument is internationally well known as the prototype of romantic-symphonic organ. Moreover, it is the last big instrument made by the famous organ maker Aristide Cavaillé-Coll, as a month later after its inauguration, the Cavaillé-Coll house was sold to Charles Mutin.

It is located inside the parish church of Santa María la Real, on the left side of the choir facing the presbytery, respecting the site of the old baroque organ. It has three manual keyboards with 56 notes and one foot pedal keyboard with 30 notes having a total of 40 stops..

Location: Parish Church of Santa Maria la Real, Azkoitia.

FaLang translation system by Faboba