The history of the Basque Country nor the lifestyle of its people can be understood without the caseríos (country houses). They have played a key role in the evolution of society throughout history to the present day.
We offer you a chance to visit two country houses of our region, taking advantage of the hospitality of its inhabitants, you will be able to see where they live, explore their house and the surroundings, see what they grow and produce and how they do it and how not, taste and buy their star product: Idiazabal cheese.
And all this in a superb natural setting!
Beizamako Ingurumen Aterpetxea
Eskola Zaharra, s/n Beizama
Tel: 630 181 994
Berastegi Country House
Izarraitz Neighbourhood, Azpeitia.
Tel. 943 814 653 - www.xoxote.com
Country Houses of Beizama
Option to visit a farm house.
Languages: Basque and Spanish.
For families and groups of all ages.
- Aitzalde Country House: Diversified country house.
- Leunda Livestock Farm: Limousine cow breed.
- Leundaberri Country House: Bakery and organic farming.
- Arreta Country House: Shepherd's cheese.
- Urkizahar Country House: Organic txakoli.